Thanks for stopping by!
The goal of this blog is simple: to educate you.
My experience has spanned clinical exercise programming for people with heart and lung disorders, diabetes and cancer, neuromuscular disorders, and also corporate and general fitness, substance abuse treatment, and management. I have served at all levels of responsibility in the wellness & rehabilitation industry up through directorship of large centers and have designed large multidisciplinary wellness centers that have been noted for innovative program design.
I’ve developed comprehensive and successful programs for weight control, cardiac rehabilitation, hypertension and cholesterol screening, smoking cessation, physical therapy step-down, low back, and cancer wellness which garnered 150,000 dollars in grant money. Corporate wellness has been a thread in all facilities I’ve worked in providing services such as testing, screening, exercise programming, health promotion programs, and on-site health and fitness services for companies such as IBM.
- Master of Science (MS) from SUNY Plattsburgh in Fitness and Wellness Leadership
- Bachelor of Science (BS) from the City University of New York in Physical Education/Exercise Science,
- Certificate in Chemical Dependency / Addictions Counseling from SUNY with an emphasis on nicotine dependence.
I have also done training at the State University of New York at Oneonta in Dietetics and Nutrition.
I hold several national certifications:
- Corrective Exercise Specialist – International Sports and Sciences Association
- Weight Control – American Association of Lifestyle Counselors
- Smoking cessation facilitator using the Freshstart® program.
I make personal appearances and avail myself of public education often.
Over the years I have seen my interest in wellness move from strictly physical fitness to one of comprehensive lifestyle and behavioral-based change. You can gain an appreciation for this as you browse my site.
As you are visiting my site I assume you are looking for more in life, improved well-being, so in that, I congratulate you on your courage and the commitment you are making.